Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: New Toy Boutique at Target?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was reading this article about Target today. I wonder if they will have new AG compatible items. I remember Only Hearts Club dolls mentioned here before, but I have never seen them. Are they 18"?

    Target Launches 'Time to Play!' Specialty Toy Boutique
    New toy destination focuses on imaginative play and creative expression
    Last Update: 11:28 AM ET Feb 27, 2006


    Feb 27, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Target introduces a new toy boutique, "Time to Play!," a destination filled with specialty toys to engage the next generation of young musicians, scientists and artists in one extraordinary place. "Time to Play!" is located in the toy department of every Target store and features an extensive selection of high-quality toys from well-respected brands for children ages 18 months to 7 years. The new collection features toys that encourage creative expression and imaginative play and are sure to excite little prodigies everywhere.
    Until now, parents who wished to make their children's playtime both fun and educational had to search out specialty toy stores. With the launch of "Time to Play!," parents will find favorite kid-tested toys such as Breyer horses, Schleich figurines, Klutz books, Only Hearts Club dolls and Science Wiz kits.
    Many of the "Time to Play!" toys are carefully created in small batches to ensure superior quality as well as to inspire, stimulate and fascinate. Young children will be wowed by science projects and games such as Insta Worms, Test Tube Wonders, Blizzard in a Bucket and the GeoSafari Talking Microscope. Older children will be captivated by activity-oriented books and kits that will turn them into yo-yo wizards, knitting goddesses and queen of the cat's cradle.
    Children also can practice creative storytelling with classic toys, such as collectible Breyer horses and dolls from the Only Hearts Club. Even aspiring musicians are included in the playtime fun with a wide array of musical instruments, including tambourines, bongos, drums and shakers.
    "Playtime is a crucial part of every child's development," said Keri Jones, vice president, Target. "Time to Play!" offers our guests a broad assortment of specialty toys in the convenience and value of a Target and positions our toy department as the ultimate one-stop destination."
    Within "Time to Play!," Target also introduces its own line of high- quality toys, PlayWonder. The collection features an assortment of specialized products for children ages two to five years. PlayWonder includes furniture, room decor, and coordinating toys as well as themed play environments for children such as kitchenettes, playhouses and grocery markets.
    Parents, kids and gift givers alike are encouraged to explore "Time to Play!" regularly to experience new products. Prices for toys range from $1.99 to $79.99. For more information, visit http://www.Target.com
    About Target

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The new dolls at Target are smaller than Barbies, I think- maybe 9 inches or so- maybe like Skipper. They are VERY cute, and a wonderful Barbie-alternative. My girls were never into Barbie, but thought these were cute.

    jo

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very interesting---thanks!! I went to the Target site---yep, the Only Hearts dolls and furniture are there. They used to only be at small shops, online stores or ebay, I think. The dolls are 11 1/2" tall, bendable bodies and just adorable I think----darling clothes and accessories too. I have two and LOVE them.

    Karla

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, the Only Hearts Club dolls are not 18". I'd guess more about 10", Barbie's about 11, right? I've seen them at my Target stores, and while they're really cute, I don't like the spongey body, or more importantly, I don't like that the spongey-ness makes up the doll's neck. The dolls are pretty expensive, I thought, for a brand of dolls that's pretty much unheard of, and their clothes were quite a bit, as well. I guess neither was more than Barbie, but it still seemed like a lot for a not-established brand.

    I think I've seen most of the rest of the things listed at my Target stores (yeah, I get bored looking at the normal "big people stuff" and head to the kids dept), and I really think they have a great variety of toys.

    GeoSafari! I had one of those when I was little, only it wasn't the Globe one, does anyone remember those? They were so fun, I still get mine out sometimes, and am embarassed when I don't get perfect scores. Target's supposed to have the new Teddy Ruxpin whenever he debuts, which is supposed to be soonish, I think. I can't wait for that.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oops, I said the dolls were 11 1/2"---they are about 9"----the soft bodies may not be appealing, but they certainly have cute faces, pretty hair, and lovely glass eyes.

    Karla

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will have to look at those dolls. I hope my Target gets one of these Toy Boutiques soon. I let the idea of one stop shopping instead of having to go to different toy stores for nicer toys. And, I am at Target a lot!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2006 03:45 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Judi, thanks for the information about Only Hearts Club! As others have mentioned, they're really small. I just measured one of mine and she was 9".

    I remember another member mentioning them, and I forgot to go look, so this reminds me I need to look some time. They are really nice dolls. Since they have inset eyes, they're really unique for the size they are.

    It's a little sad that the brand has gone mainstream. They were just in small specialty shops on purpose, I guess to come across as more "special."

    Going prices are $10 for outfits and $15 for dolls.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 27, 2006 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hopefully mass-marketing doesn't hurt the quality!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From the look of the ones at Target, it hasn't [img]smile.gif[/img] . They're very cute little dolls. I loved the one with freckles.

    I was unable to find them around here until they were in Target. I looked at some of the specialty toy shops (even a few doll shops, one of which I was finally able to see the LoF dolls a few weekends ago), and couldn't find these dolls anywhere.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cami, oops--sorry! [img]redface.gif[/img] I edited my post and removed that quote, without realizing you were responding to it (my computer is slow today). Just so everyone knows, the quote really WAS in my post! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    ARGH, and I was just at Target this weekend (and it's not nearby). *Sigh* I'm anxious to see these items.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wiccacat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2006
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was so happy to find this at my local Target.
    I don't drive and the stores i can reach usually don't sell high quality toys like Breyer, Schleich & Only Hearts Club. The only problem is they don't seem to be restocking or adding new stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •